Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

2014 Reading Challenges

I must say last year was not the best for my reading. I didn't read much or post much on this blog. Granted it was a busy year but nonetheless I have set some large goals for 2014. Here is a list of reading challenges I will be participating in and why. I will be posting further updates as I read:
This one sounds like fun for a few reasons. One is because The Story Siren is a great book blog that I have been following. Another is that I feel that I don't branch out of my comfort zone for reading. I read books by famous authors who have been writing since the 90's and I want to change that. Here's the link to the original blog post: http://www.thestorysiren.com/2013/12/2014-debut-author-challenge-sign-ups.html
2014 Bingo Challenge-01
This one sounds challenging but also very fun. Basically, you have a bingo card with different categories (TBR pile, Mix It Up, Series, Genres and New Releases) and you try to read a book that fits each square. The goal is to fill up the whole board (if you do that, you can start another) and read more books! Here is the link: http://readinginwinter.com/2013/12/16/challenge-anne-kristilyns-2014-book-bingo-reading-challenge/

    I chose this because a horrifying fact about me is that I have only completed one series (The Hunger Games) in my life. This challenge is a great way to encourage me to finish series I have started and read through other entire serieses. There is a badge system accompanied: Bronze(1-3 series), Silver(4-6 series), Gold(7-11 series) and Platinum(12+ series). Learn more at: http://www.readsleeprepeat.org/2014-series-challenge/


    I think these will be enough for this year. I am excited to see how far I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment