Search This Blog

Saturday, February 1, 2014

February TBR (to be read)

As you might have read, yesterday I posted a wrap-up of books I read in the month of January (here is a link if you are interested: http://cmoslifeinwords.blogspot.com/2014/01/january-wrap-up.html). Now, since it is the beginning of February, I will tell you about a few books that I plan on reading this month:
I am currently reading this book and I plan to finish it tomorrow since it is a very quick read. This is an adorable story about two teenage misfits in 1986. Eleanor is overweight, has bright red curly hair and lives with her very poor family who don't even have toothbrushes. Park is an Asian boy who loves listening to music on his Walkman and reading comic books. These two meet and gradually fall in love in this contemporary novel. 

Yes, I know. I have not yet read the groundbreaking dystopian trilogy Divergent (along with its sequels Insurgent and Allegiant shown to the right). As I stated in my wrap-up post I plan on moving away from the young adult contemporary romance genre I have been reading for the past couple of weeks and read more dystopian or science fiction books. This series, for the informed, is about a teenager named Beatrice Prior who lives in a futuristic society where when you turn 16 you take a test and are separated into a community, or Faction, based on your dominant virtue, Abnegation(selflessness), Amity(peacefulness), Candor(honesty), Dauntless(bravery) and Erudite(intelligence). Unfortunately, when Beatrice takes the test that decides your Faction she results in being Divergent, able to fit into more than one faction. This novel deals with her finding her true self and where she really belongs.
The Legend trilogy is another very popular dystopian trilogy about June, whose brother was murdered, and Day, the prime suspect in that case. They both live in a future where the United States is split into two countries after a second Civil War. These stories are told from alternating points of view from June and Day as they find each other and learn the truth.

I might not be able to read all of these books by the end of the month but I will try my best. I will also review them as I read so keep an eye out for further updates and subscribe if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment