Search This Blog

Friday, February 28, 2014

February Wrap-Up

Now, I'm just going to say it now and get it over with: I will rarely read all the books on my TBR list. This month I read three books and only one was on the TBR list. I haven't had as much time for reading recently because of my packed schedule but after March I will be back track. Anyway I will give you what you came for now. Here are the books I read this month:
Last month I read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and I absolutely loved it so I decided to try her most popular young adult novel, Eleanor and Park. This is probably going to be one of my favorite books of 2014. I adored this story. If you don't know, this book is about two high school misfits in 1986 who fall in love. Actually, it's a whole lot more than that. Eleanor is an overweight girl who just moved to this town in Nebraska. Park is an Asian American who loves music. When they meet for the first time on the school bus it isn't love at first sight. It takes weeks and months for their relationship to form but when it does it is absolutely magnificent.
This was the book that was on my TBR list. If you don't already know what this book is about check out my February TBR post. I definitely enjoyed this novel. The first 150 pages or so was mostly world building and set up so that part was quite slow. Once I got past it, however, the plot suddenly became action-packed and exciting. I am excited to pick up the next books in this dystopian trilogy soon because this one was very enjoyable.
About a week ago I made a separate review of this book along with the recent movie adaption of this story. There I give a synopsis and my opinions on this book so please check that out if you are interested.

That's it for my February Wrap-Up. If you want to know more about what I'm reading check out my Goodreads page or if you want to see my complete book wishlist, to-read list and other things check out my Pinterest page. Of course, if you are interested in seeing more reviews from me subscribe to this blog in the sidebar.

1 comment: